Active Noise Cancelling
Ah yes! Spring is here and we're out and about, hopefully taking our music with us. One of the most important pieces of equipment us musicians will have in our gig bag is a comfortable set of earphones for our MP3 players. Audio-Technica is indeed a company that is always listening so following on the heels of the award-winning ATH-ANC7, A-T released its latest gem in their in-ear, earphone line at the NAMM show this year.
The ATH-ANC3 QuietPoint™ Active Noise-Cancelling In-Ear Headphones actively cut out background noise by 85% without any compromise whatsoever in sound quality. These in ear, earphones are so comfortable to wear due to the pliable, interchangable earpieces. This is one of the ATH-ANC3's best features as fit is always a problem for iPod and MP3 users. I have taken the ATH-ANC3 on my morning jog and they stayed comfortably in place for the whole run. Even better is the quality of the sound either with the noise cancelling option on or off. The secret is a miniature microphone in each earpiece that picks up ambient noise (such as traffic, speech, instruments, etc.). Electronics in the control box create a noise-cancelling wave that is 180° out of phase with the ambient noise. This wave acts like a virtual noise eraser: it cancels out the annoying sounds that surround you without taking away from the the audio you wish to hear.
I've also found these to be very useful in the recording studio and guitar class where there are other musicians tuning up or playing. This is often a problem because you are sharing the same space with other musicians who are not working on the same material as you are. Still with the ATH-ANC3 Quiet Point Earphones, you are able to take your music with you as if you were in your own "isolation sound room" during the session. This is very important when you do not have the luxury of your own separate practice booth. It is also great for replaying your uploaded, previously recorded music files. Work on your own recorded sessions anywhere you want. Listen to your sound creations or other music files any place, anytime—on a busy subway, in a noisy practice session, or settling in for a long flight. The quality of the ATH-ANC3 is unsurpassed. Check out all these excellent features:
- Ultra-compact in-ear design is ideal for travel
Advanced electronics cancel up to 85% (20 dB) of background noise
- Innovative ANC circuitry delivers an exceptionally pure audio signal in noise-cancelling mode
- Ideal for use with all audio sources, including MP3 & other portable players
- Soft interchangeable ear pieces (small, medium & large) provide a custom fit
- Monitor switch deactivates noise cancellation/audio so you can listen outside when you need to Audio functions (in passive mode) even without battery
- Sleek control box offers on/off and monitor switches and clothing clip
- Two-pin airline adapter connects to in-flight entertainment
- Hard carrying case protects headphones & accessories
- Y cable includes an adjustable sleeve and extension for secure, comfortable fit
- A single AAA battery powers noise-cancelling electronics
- Gold-plated mini-plug provides exceptional corrosion resistance, superb conductivity and low noise